Cavalcante Rubio Guilherme (D1) of the Chiba Lab won the YPC Excellent Paper Presentation Award at the 2018 IEE-Japan Industry Applications Society
Cavalcante Rubio Guilherme (D1) with his poster
- 2018 IEE-Japan Industry Applications Society Conference
- Young Engineer Poster Compension Excellent Paper Award
- Cavalcante Rubio Guilherme
- Effect of Stator Pole Shoes in a Miniaturized Single-Drive Axially Controlled Bearingless Motor
- Award date：
- August 28, 2018
- What do you think was evaluated?
- I believe it was the ability to communicate clearly the contents in the poster and to convince others that your work is relevant. In the poster presentation we did not have much time and space to show our research, so it was important to focus in a small detail of the project.
- Why did you choose Electrical and Electronics Engineering?
- I was always fascinated by electricity. As a child, I wanted to understand how it works. When I visited the Itaipu hydroelectric power plant in Brazil, I became even more interested in this field.
- Message to high school students and first-year college students
- It does not matter where you work, as long as you are feeling accomplished and happy. This will probably be good for your mental health. Also, do not be afraid of making mistakes. Do not be too harsh on yourself. Learning and improving from our failures is an important process in our lives.
In the Chiba laboratory, we consider not only the oral presentation but also the importance of the poster presentation, and we are making presentations at posters with ordinary seminars. Every year we have produced winners like this and this year we won three awards. We would like to continue our efforts in the future.