Labs spotlight #32 - Nakamura and Fuse Laboratory -
Control of Biofunctions for Drug Development
The Department has a variety of laboratories for Life Science and Technology, in which cutting-edge innovative research is being undertaken not only in basic science and engineering but also in the areas of medicine, pharmacy, agriculture, and multidisciplinary sciences.
This "Spotlight" series features a laboratory from the Department and introduces you to the laboratory's research projects and outcomes. This time we focus on Nakamura and Fuse Laboratory.
※Associate Professor Shinichiro Fuse moved to another research institution on November 1, 2019.
||Professor Hiroyuki Nakamura : PhD 1996, Tohoku University
Associate Professor Shinichiro Fuse : PhD 2005, Tokyo Institute of Technology
|Areas of Research
||Professor Hiroyuki Nakamura : Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Boron Neutron Capture Therapy
Associate Professor Shinichiro Fuse : Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Natural Product Synthesis, Micro-flow Synthesis
||Protein Kinases Inhibitors, Drug Delivery System, New Synthetic Processes, Cancer Therapy
Associate Professor Shinichiro Fuse : Natural Product Synthesis, Micro-flow Synthesis, Peptide
||Nakamura and Fuse Laboratory
Our research interests are focused on discovery of drug candidates for anticancer agents, development of new methodologies for target protein-selective modification in chemical biology, and development of efficient boron delivery system in neutron capture therapy of cancer. Our research is directed to interdisciplinary area based on organic synthetic technology to explore and control vital function for innovative drug discovery.
Our publication list is available from our web site.
-  "Horseradish-Peroxidase-Catalyzed Tyrosine Click Reaction" S. Sato, K. Nakamura, H. Nakamura, ChemBioChem. accepted DOI: 10.1002/cbic.201600649 (2017).
-  "The Life of Pi Star: Exploring the Exciting and Forbidden Worlds of the Benzophenone Photophore" G. Dormán, H. Nakamura, A. Pulsipher, G. D. Prestwich, Chem. Rev. 116 (24), 15284–15398 (2016).
-  "Total Synthesis of Feglymycin based on a Linear/Convergent Hybrid Approach using Micro-flow Amide Bond Formation" S. Fuse, Y. Mifune, H. Nakamura, H. Tanaka, Nat. Commun. 7, 13491 (2016).
-  "The Design, Synthesis, and Evaluation of 1,5,7-Trisubstituted-3-pyridyl-xanthones for Use as Insecticides Starting from Pyripyropene A" S. Fuse, K. Matsumura, K. Johmoto, H. Uekusa, H. Tanaka, T. Hirose, T. Sunazuka, S. Ōmura, T. Takahashi, Chem. Eur. J. 22 (51), 18450-18455 (2016).
-  "Generation of 4-Isoxazolyl Anion Species: Facile Access to 4-Substituted Isoxazoles" T. Morita, S. Fuse, H. Nakamura, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 55 (43), 13580-13584 (2016).
-  "Maleimide-Functionalized closo-Dodecaborate Albumin Conjugates (MID-AC): The Unique Ligation at both Cysteine and Lysine Residues Enabling to Efficient Boron Delivery to Tumor for Neutron Capture Therapy" S. Kikuchi, D. Kanoh, S. Sato, Y. Sakurai, M. Suzuki, H. Nakamura J. Control. Release (237), 160–167 (2016).
-  "Synthesis of 2-Indolyltetrahydroquinolines by Zinc(II)-Catalyzed Intramolecular Hydroarylation-Redox Cross-Dehydrogenative Coupling of N-Propargylanilines with Indoles" G. Li, H. Nakamura, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 55 (23), 6758-6761 (2016).
-  "Hypoxia-Inducible Factor Inhibitors: A Patent Review (2011-2015)" S. Ban, Y. Uto, M. Won, H. Nakamura Exp. Opin. Ther. Pat. 26 (3), 309–322 (2016).
-  "Synthesis of D-A'-π-A Dyes via One-Pot Three-Component Suzuki-Miyaura Coupling and an Evaluation of the Photovoltaic Properties for Use in DSSCs" S. Irie, S. Fuse, M. M. Maitani, Y. Wada, Y. Ogomi, S. Hayase, T. Kaiho, H. Masui, H. Tanaka, T. Takahashi, Chem. Eur. J. 22 (7), 2507-2514 (2016).
-  "Tyrosine-Specific Chemical Modification with in situ Hemin-Activated Luminol Derivatives" S. Sato, K. Nakamura, H. Nakamura, ACS Chem. Biol. 10 (11), 2633-2640 (2015).
-  "Directing Group/Protecting Group-Free Synthesis of Tetraaryl-Substituted Pyrazoles via Four Direct Arylations on an Unsubstituted Pyrazole Scaffold" S. Fuse, T. Morita, K. Johmoto, H. Uekusa, H. Tanaka, Chem. Eur. J. 21 (41), 14370-14375 (2015).
-  "Asymmetric Total Synthesis of ent-Pyripyropene A" S. Fuse, A. Ikebe, K. Oosumi, T. Karasawa, K. Matsumura, M. Izumikawa, K. Johmoto, H. Uekusa, K. Shin-ya, T. Doi, T. Takahashi, Chem. Eur. J. 21 (26), 9454-9460 (2015).
-  "Rapid Synthesis of Thiophene-Based, Organic Dyes for DSSCs via a One-Pot, Four-Component Coupling Approach" K. Matsumura, S. Yoshizaki, M. M. Maitani, Y. Wada, Y. Ogomi, S. Hayase, T. Kaiho, S. Fuse, H. Tanaka, T. Takahashi, Chem. Eur. J. 21 (27), 9742-9747 (2015).
-  "Methyl 3-((6-methoxy-1,4-dihydroindeno[1,2-c]pyrazol-3-yl)amino) benzoate (GN39482) as a Tubulin Polymerization Inhibitor Identified by MorphoBase and ChemProteoBase Profiling Methods" H. Minegishi, Y. Futamura, S. Fukashiro, M. Muroi, M. Kawatani, H. Osada, H. Nakamura, J. Med. Chem. 58 (10), 4230-4241 (2015).
-  "Boron-Based Drug Design" H. S. Ban and H. Nakamura, Chem. Rec. 15 (3), 616-635 (2015)
-  "An efficient amide bond formation through the rapid and strong activation of carboxylic acids in a micro-flow reactor" S. Fuse, Y. Mifune, T. Takahashi, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 53 (3), 851-855, (2014).
-  "Total synthesis and stereochemistry revision of mannopeptimycin aglycone" S. Fuse, H. Koinuma, A. Kimbara, M. Izumikawa, Y. Mifune, H. He, K. Shin-ya, T. Takahashi, T. Doi, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 136 (34), 12011-13017, (2014).
-  "Ligand-directed Selective Protein Modification Based on Local Single Electron Transfer Catalysis" S. Sato, H. Nakamura, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 52 (33) 8681-8684 (2013).
-  "Zinc(II)-Catalyzed Redox Cross-Dehydrogenative Coupling of Propargylic Amines and Terminal Alkynes for Synthesis of N-Tethered 1,6-Enynes" T. Sugiishi, H. Nakamura, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 134 (5) 2504-2507 (2012).
-  "Identification of HSP60 as a Primary Target of ortho-Carboranylphenoxyacetanilide, an HIF-1α Inhibitor" H. S. Ban, K. Shimizu, H. Minegishi, H. Nakamura, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 132 (34), 11870-11871 (2010).
*Find more about the lab and the latest activities at the lab site.